He wrote in the Mail on Sunday: "It is feasible that in the coming weeks, perhaps even while Iâ€™m in South America, Iâ€™ll make a decision about the next stage in my career, and when that happens Iâ€™ll tell you about it. But I have options on the table from several clubs in England and overseas for next season and Iâ€™m intending to play on if the right situation arises.
"There is, in all honesty, nothing settled yet. Whatever I do next has to be right for me and my family and Iâ€™m going to take it one season at a time. Iâ€™m keeping myself fit and in shape, doing my running and my workouts so Iâ€™ll be ready for whatever new club I join."
For the big stories and the banter follow us on Twitter: @tribalfootball