Ex-West Ham ace Di Canio will not crawl back to Swindon
Paolo Di Canio insists his mind has been made it up in regards to his Swindon Town departure.
Di Canio said that if new owners had been in place by close of business on the aforementioned date he would have stayed but he has made it clear that a return to the County Ground is not a feasible option.
"No, for one reason, because they didn't prove to me they wanted to keep me," he told Sky Sports.
"I don't want any speculation with my name, telling the people that maybe one day I could come back. It's not fair for the fans, so my chapter at Swindon is finished, in terms of being manager of Swindon Football Club."
He added: "For the loyalty of the fans, I kept going for a few more days, but it was clear they breached the contract situation.
"There was an agreement always that the sale of every player should go through me.
"I just want to work with the right people and in the right way. I didn't see a strong desire to keep Paolo Di Canio at the football club.
"Me and the new consortium made a deadline - Monday at five o'clock, that was agreed together in front of my solicitors.
"On Monday at five o'clock I didn't receive any phone call to try to persuade me to delay for maybe 24 hours. If that had happened, maybe I would have waited.
"As it was, I waited two hours to send out my statement, just in case they wanted to contact me. It didn't happen, so this is the reason I decided to resign."