Ex-Twente, PSV midfielder Culina and Sydney FC part ways

Jason Culina and Sydney FC have mutually parted ways after just four months.

Jason Culina and Sydney FC have mutually parted ways after just four months.

The 32-year old Australian international midfielder got back to full fitness with the Sky Blues after knee complications but after arriving in October last year, has already departed.

“Sydney FC has this afternoon agreed to mutually terminate the contract of Jason Culina,” said Sydney FC CEO Tony Pignata said on Monday.

“We would like to wish Jason the best of luck with the rest of his football career.”

The former Ajax, FC Twente, PSV Eindhoven and Gold Coast United man indicated that he is now on the hunt for a new club.

“I would like to thank Sydney FC for assisting me with my rehabilitation and my return to football. I would like to thank the Board, management, coaching staff, players and especially physiotherapist Stan Ivancic,” he said.

“The circumstances surrounding my departure are unfortunate but I feel fit and strong and I am determined to continue my playing career in the future.”

 
The game is about opinions. Make yours heard! Join the tribalfootball.com nation on Facebook today: Facebook.com/tribalfootball

Have your say