England coach Hodgson yet to write off Man Utd's Ferdinand
England coach Roy Hodgson is unsure about selecting Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand again after this week's chaos. At his last press conference before Friday's game with San Marino, Hodgson said he would "wait and see" when asked if Ferdinand has an international future.
When pushed on Ferdinand 's future as an England players, Hodgson said: "I think we should just wait and see, I think it's more a question of how his injury situation will impact upon him playing for England, so we'll have to wait and see what happens in the future.
"At the moment it's speculation about a longer-term future whereas my focus is on these next two games, which are important for us in our bid to qualify. I am happy with the squad we've got."
Ferdinand had been due to return as an England player for the first time since missing out on Euro 2012.
Hodgson deflected questions on what he thought of Ferdinand's decision to miss the two games.
He said: "I don't have any serious thoughts on it. I was disappointed when he couldn't accept our invitation. It would have been nice to have him here."
Hodgson also refused to comment on Ferdinand's decision to go to Doha.
"As we all know he wasn't able to accept the invitation so what he actually does now and how he operates in the coming couple of weeks, that's his business and the club's business.
"You're asking me questions that I really don't want to go into."
Should Hodgson still consider Ferdinand? Or now write him off? Give us your shout below...