Egypt's goal remains World Cup 2014 says ex-USA boss Bradley
Egypt national team boss Bob Bradley insists the goal remains the same ever since he took the reins - 'to qualify for the 2014 World Cup.'
The 55-year old took over as Egypt manager in September 2011 after ending his time with the USA team and has already dealt with the Port Said Stadium tragedy which occurred in February 2012.
Since then, Egypt have failed to compete in the African Cup of Nations (which they won in 2008 and 2010) but now they are fully focused on gaining qualification to Brazil 2014 after kicking off their campaign with wins over Mozambique, Guinea and Zimbabwe to sit top of Group G.
"You have to understand the way the schedule fell into place. February 1, 2012, was the Port Said tragedy, so they stopped league play," Bradley told MLSsoccer.com.
"[For the next several months], we had to adjust. We had camps, we played as many friendlies as we could, knowing in June we had four games. ... We were like the Globetrotters, ready to play anyone anywhere.
"We had the first two World Cup qualifiers and then we had to switch gear for two African Nations qualifiers. We worked well in that period. In some ways, [missing out on the Cup of Nations] made it so clear.
"Since I got here, the goal for everyone has been the World Cup. At that point, we had no choice and got to work on that. ... In these last few games, we'll see if we can win the group and give ourselves a chance to play a home-and-home for a place in the World Cup."
He added: "The dream of everyone is to make the World Cup, and Egypt hasn't been since 1990. There's incredible passion for football, especially the national team.
< "We recognize the opportunity to do something that means a lot to all the people, something positive at a time when life for so many people is hard."