My tribe

Completion of Reading takeover delayed

The deal to complete the takeover of Championship Reading has been delayed. Russian tycoon Anton Zingarevich bought 51% of the club 16 months ago and was due to buy the remaining 49% from previous owner Sir John Madejski by the end of September, but that deadline has now past.

The club stated that both parties are "comfortable extending the deadline to finish the deal" but could not specify whether they would set a new completion date.

 For breaking stories and all the great banter like us on Facebook: facebook.com/tribalfootball

About the author

Dave Williams

Have your say
  • Add your favourite leagues and clubs
  • Build your own personal news stream
  • Easily share your favourite stories
  • Connect with what your friends are saying

Select your favourite
leagues and clubs
to get started.

Already part of MyTribe?