Chicago Fire release trialists ahead of second phase of pre-season

Chicago Fire have let go a bunch of trialists as they prepare for the second phase of their pre-season training.

Chicago Fire have let go a bunch of trialists as they prepare for the second phase of their pre-season training.

Nate Weiss, Graham Dugoni, Pedro Chicarelli, Leonardo, Matt Glaeser and Amadou Sanyang will not be heading to Florida where the Fire have a handful of friendlies, most notably a double-header with New York Red Bulls at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, starting February 23.

Fire skipper Logan Pause said it will be good to get onto the pitch against other teams as most of the pre-season so far has consisted of intra-club trials.

“I’m excited,” Pause told MLSsoccer.com. “I think the group is definitely ready to beat up on some other people other than ourselves.”

Read more:

Have your say