Chelsea, Man Utd given extension to provide bust-up evidence

Chelsea and Manchester United have been given an extra two days to provide information on last weekend's post-match scuffle between players and staff at Stamford Bridge.

The Football Association have granted the extension to next Thursday after both teams reached the Champions League final, with club officials required to travel to Moscow to plan for the showpiece later this month.

ord=Math.random()*10000000000000000;document.write('');

Patrice Evra was at the centre of the ugly confrontation when United's reserves and substitutes were warming-down after the 2-1 defeat to Chelsea.

He was pictured clashing with Chelsea ground staff after a row thought to be sparked by United's players using the penalty area.

Yet to be resolved is whether Evra was abused in the lead up to the incident, with Carlos Tevez being quoted as saying his team-mate received a "grave insult".

The FA have requested Chelsea's CCTV footage of the incident and want to gather "all relevant information" before deciding what action to take.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said earlier this week that his club have sent a report to Soho Square.

"We've filed a report, sent it to the FA and we're delighted with that," he said.

Have your say