Chelsea futures of Mellis, Clifford in doubt over smoke grenade incident

Two Chelsea youngsters have been suspended after last week's smoke bomb incident.

The Daily Mail says Jacob Mellis, who made his Chelsea debut last season in the Champions League, and Billy Clifford both face disciplinary proceedings.

The smoke grenade was set off in the reserve team dressing room on Friday morning and trained fire marshals had to be brought in. Both players will miss Monday’s reserve team game with Arsenal and are no longer certain if they have a future at the club after being told to stay away from the training ground.

Chief executive Ron Gourlay witnessed the remarkable incident and on Friday was threatening to sack the pair.

Have your say

Related Images