My tribe

Burnley midfielder Cork: Swansea sale not Clement's decision

Burnley midfielder Jack Cork believes Swansea City boss Paul Clement was NOT behind his summer sale.

The 28-year-old swapped Swansea for Burnley in the summer in a transfer worth up to £10 million.

Since then he has been capped by England and scored in Saturday's win over his old club.

Of the decision to sell him, and going on to pick up international honours, Cork said: "I think it maybe wasn't his (Clement's) decision.

"They bought me for £1.5million, the bid came in from Burnley, which was a lot more than they paid, and they were obviously trying to raise money to bring more midfield players in.

“He said to me, 'look, you'll probably play more games there, the club will probably accept the bid, what do you want to do?'.

“As soon as he said it, I thought 'yeah, why not?'.

“I feel at home here. My family is settled here now.

“It's been one of those mad weeks you have in your life. You don't get many of them so you have to enjoy them when they do come around.

“It's been perfect for me. My family are proud and I'm just enjoying my football."

About the author

Paul Vegas

Have your say
  • Add your favourite leagues and clubs
  • Build your own personal news stream
  • Easily share your favourite stories
  • Connect with what your friends are saying

Select your favourite
leagues and clubs
to get started.

Already part of MyTribe?