Barcelona president Laporta: Ibrahimovic-Eto'o swap agreed

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has declared a swap involving Samuel Eto'o and Zlatan Ibrahimovic "agreed".

Laporta met his Inter Milan counterpart Massimo Moratti yesterday to discuss the potential switch.

Moratti said earlier that negotiations are still ongoing but Laporta insists the deal is all but completed with Inter set to receive 45million euros as well as land Eto'o and Barcelona winger Alexander Hleb.

"I can't say that it will still happen if one of the conditions isn't fulfilled since the signing has been agreed in a comprehensive manner," he said.

"I spoke with Samuel on Tuesday and after the dinner in Italy.

"I'm not going to disclose these conversations. I'll only say that his move is not a question of money.

"He is a professional and his work has to be rewarded, but his priority is not money. It's other things."

With Ibrahimovic, who finished as Serie A's top scorer last season, seemingly on the verge of a move to the Nou Camp, David Villa's chances of joining the treble winners appear even slimmer.

However, Laporta insists they have not given up hope of landing the Valencia and Spain striker.

"The signing of David Villa has not been ruled out," he added. "We have not ruled out any of the possibilities open to us.

"The technical secretary remains in contact with him because he understands the anxiety of a player for whom, if the clubs had reached an agreement, things would have gone in a different direction."

Have your say

Related Images