What’s showing on Asian TV in coming weeks?
TONIGHT it is 'International Rules' football at the Melbourne Cricket Ground with the Australian Football League meeting the Gaelic Athletic Association of Ireland in the second of the two-game 2008 series. The game is a hybrid of the unique national football code of each country - which both evolved without an off-side rule - so scoring is very high.
• 2008 International Rules AFL-GAA series (Second Leg)
• Australia v Ireland, in Melbourne, Australia (kick-off 19:45pm local)
• Friday 31 Oct - Australia Network at 21.30 AEDT (1hr 45 min delay) throughout Asia
SATURDAY's Rugby Union blockbuster between Australia and New Zealand is being played in Hong Kong for the first time and is a sell-out. This year's Bledisloe Cup series is already tied-up by the All Blacks, but Wallabies coach Robbie Deans does not expect this match will be a friendly exhibition.
• 2008 Bledisloe Cup series (Third Leg)
• Australia Wallabies v New Zealand All Blacks, Hong Kong Stadium, Hong Kong (kick-off 4.30pm local)
• Saturday 1 Nov - on Australia Network at 19:30 AEDT (live throughout Asia)
• A-League, 2008-9 - Round 10
• Newcastle Jets v Queensland Roar, EnergyAustralia Stadium, Newcastle (kick-off at 17.00pm local time)
• Sunday 2 Nov - on Australia Network at 18.00 AEDT (broadcasting on 1-hour delay) throughout Asia
WEDNESDAY is the biggest game in the history of Australian club football with the A-League's Adelaide United taking on the J-League's mighty Gamba osaka in the first leg of the Asian Champions League final. Both clubs have qualified for the FIFA Club World Championship in December so the ACL series is all about pride and winnings.
• 2008 Asian Champions League - Final (First Leg)
• Wednesday 5 Nov - ESPN at 21.30 AEDT (live throughout Asia)
Please note: Due to different time zones in Asia, I've listed broadcast times in Australian Eastern Daylight-saving Time. Make your own calculation for the broadcast time in your location and, please, double check local listings for the channel.