Australia coach Verbeek prepared to work without stars
Australia's new coach Pim Verbeek is aware that he may be without his big-name stars for some of the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.
"He says he is struggling a little bit from the last Asian Cup," Verbeek, appointed last week, told a news conference in Melbourne.
"He is the only one still considering what he is going to do February 6.
"If he can be part of that - maybe not all 14 games -- then I am thinking of taking him. He is a very dangerous striker and I will try to convince him it is necessary."
"In the next few weeks I will decide whether to go with them (overseas players), whether to go with a combination, or whether to just use A-League players," Verbeek said.
"This match will be absolutely crucial and it is very important that the team gets off to a positive start ahead of a long and challenging campaign."