>
My tribe
As featured on NewsNow: Football news

Atletico Madrid in talks to buy Lens

Atletico Madrid are launching a bid for French club Lens.

Marca says Atletico and the Luxembourg-based company Solferino have presented an offer to purchase 35% of French club Lens.

A judge had put the club for sale, after it has been crippled by severe financial issues for some time, and it is now the courts who will make a decision on the proposal made by Atletico and their partner.

The club has been in discussions with Lens before near the end of 2015 but the plans were shelved.

Atletico would take 35% of the share capital whilst the remaining 65% would go to the Amber Capital investment group.

Carlos Volcano
About the author

Carlos Volcano

Have your say
  • Add your favourite leagues and clubs
  • Build your own personal news stream
  • Easily share your favourite stories
  • Connect with what your friends are saying

Select your favourite
leagues and clubs
to get started.

Already part of MyTribe?