Fire-fighters have put out a blaze in the home of Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure it has been reported.

A room in the £1million Wilmslow mansion was damaged by a small fire caused by aromatherapy candles but luckily nobody was harmed.

Three fire engines rushed to Toure's six-bedroom residence to effectively negotiate the blaze with one woman treated for smoke inhalation.

A Manchester City spokesman said: "It was a small fire in one room which will be redecorated. No one was hurt."

 Click here to reach the No1 destination for hard news and exciting gossip on Manchester City