Asked outside his home on Thursday morning if he was bitter, Allardyce told Sky Sports: "No, I don't think so. Once people make a decision, there is nothing you can do about it.
"There is no point being bitter and twisted about it because that will only affect you, it does not affect the people you have left.
"For me, it's disappointing and you have to move on with your life."
In the short-term, Allardyce will head off on a break - exactly what he was doing when the call came from Newcastle last summer - and return ready to prove himself all over again.
He said: "For me, it is the future now. I will take a break with my wife and go away, have a little bit of a re-charge of the batteries, come back and then move on with my football career.
"Me and my wife will get away in the sunshine, have a little bit of a break and then come back and re-focus and obviously stay in football.
"When that will come? Who knows? We will just have to wait and see."
Allardyce revealed he had been inundated with calls and texts from friends offering their support since last night's announcement.
He said: "I am not speculating on who is going to be taking over my position at Newcastle.
"Now a decision has been made and I have got to move on with my life."