Fifa has announced that AC Milan's Kevin-Prince Boateng is to become the first member of its anti-discrimination taskforce. The 27-year-old Ghanaian international walked off the pitch in a friendly against Italian team Pro Patria after he was racially abused by their fans.
After his appointment to the taskforce on Friday, he said he was pleased his decision to walk off the pitch against Pro Patria had been vindicated: "I said yes, I want to be part of the taskforce. I like to help and I'm very positive in fighting against racism and thankful for the invite and to see that people support me and support what I did.
"I'm looking positively to the future and hopefully we're going to get rid of this illness of racism."