WEEK 7 FAST FACTS
- With Adelaide United continuing their undefeated start to the season, and being three points clear at the top of the ladder after seven matches, new coach RINI COOLEN has now made the most successful start to a Hyundai A-League season in terms of most matches without defeat. The previous longest undefeated start to a Hyundai A-League coaching career was six, set by John Kosmina at Adelaide United in the Hyundai A-League 2005/06 season.
WEEK 7 (midweek match) & 8 SNAPSHOT
- Gold Coast United will be aiming to avoid creating a new Australian national league record - the longest time without scoring at home - by scoring in the first three minutes of this match. Leading in to Wednesday night's match, Gold Coast have not scored at home for 494 minutes (8 hours 14 minutes), which lies just three minutes behind the all-time Australian record of 497 minutes without scoring at home, set by Preston in the old NSL in October-December 1991.
- The last time Gold Coast United scored at home was on 29-Jan-10, when Zenon Caravella scored in the 76th minute against Melbourne Victory. Since then Gold Coast have not scored at Skilled Park against Wellington Phoenix (07-Feb-10), Newcastle Jets (20-Feb-10 [120 minutes]), Brisbane Roar (08-Aug-10), Melbourne Victory (29-Aug-10) and Central Coast Mariners (19-Sep-10).
- Wellington Phoenix are aiming for their 24th consecutive undefeated match at Westpac Stadium, which would create a new Australian national league record for not losing in consecutive matches at the same venue. The previous time a team went for 23 undefeated matches at a venue was when Sydney United went 23 consecutive matches without defeat at Sydney United Sports Centre from 1996 to 1999. The last time Wellington lost at Westpac Stadium was against Brisbane Roar (L0-1) on 26-Oct-08.
- Having not been defeated in their past nine matches, Adelaide United equaled their longest undefeated streak in the Hyundai A-League (set in 2005/06), and are now aiming to establish a new club record longest undefeated streak (ten) in the Hyundai A-League against Perth Glory on Friday.
- Perth Glory's JAMIE HARNWELL is set to make his 242nd national league appearance for Perth Glory (NSL and Hyundai A-League combined) which would break Bobby Despotovski's appearance record for the Glory (241), for most national league appearances for the club.
Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Heart
- Melbourne Heart, who have yet to record a victory in their three previous away matches so far, will be aiming to not create a new record for longest streak without winning away for a new Hyundai A-League club - a record currently shared with Melbourne Victory, who went through their first three away matches in August-September 2005 before winning in their fourth away match (W2-1 v Central Coast Mariners).
- Newcastle Jets coach BRANKO CULINA is set to coach his 313th Australian national league match, ranking him among the top five in terms of most experienced coaches in Australian national league history, behind Zoran Matic (who coached 468 national league matches), Frank Arok (429), John Kosmina (337) and Manfred Schaefer (332), and now just ahead of Rale Rasic (312).
BIRTHDAY BOYS - Andy Todd (Perth Glory) turns 36 on Tuesday 21 September - Jerrad Tyson (Gold Coast United) turns 21 on Tuesday 21 September - Jack Hingert (North Queensland Fury) turns 20 on Sunday 26 September