- While Adelaide United continued their unbeaten streak of 13 matches they are also looking to recitify a much different streak. Having lost their previous nine Hyundai A-League matches against the Melbourne Victory, Adelaide United will be aiming to avoid creating a new Australian national league record of most consecutive defeats against the same club (10). On three other occasions a team lost nine in a row against the same club: West Adelaide lost nine matches in a row to Sydney City from August 1978 to September 1982; Newcastle KB United lost nine in a row to Sydney City from March 1978 to April 1982; and Northern Spirit lost nine in a row to Perth Glory from March 2001 to January 2004. Never before has a team lost to another team ten times in a row. Adelaide United's last undefeated match against Melbourne Victory was a 2-2 draw in December 2007.
- With 35 Hyundai A-League goals to his name, Sydney FC's Alex Brosque is aiming to soon become the league's third-highest goalscorer. Brosque currently lies one goal behind current all-time third-placed scorer Danny Allsopp (36). Hyundai A-League Top Goalscorers as at 26 October 2010 49 Archie Thompson 42 Shane Smeltz 36 Danny Allsopp 35 Alex Brosque 30 Sasho Petrovski, Sergio Van Dijk
- Perth Glory's Jamie Harnwell is playing his 100th Hyundai A-League match. Harnwell's first Hyundai A-League match was for the Glory against the Mariners on 26 August 2005. - Sydney Football Stadium will host the Hyundai A-League's first ever double header.
Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Heart TBC
- Melbourne Heart defender Simon Colosimo is set to make his 200th Australian national league appearance. Colosimo's tally of 199 appearances so far is made up of stints at Carlton (50 appearances), South Melbourne (18), Perth Glory (64), Parramatta Power (23), Sydney FC (34) and Melbourne Heart (10).
- Having not lost any of their previous seven matches, Gold Coast United will be aiming to create a new club record for longest undefeated streak (eight). Gold Coast went on a seven match undefeated streak once previously, in December 2009-January 2010. The last time Gold Coast lost was against Melbourne Victory on 29 August 2010.
Birthday Boys - Kaz Patafta (Newcastle Jets) turned 22 on Monday 25 October - Kristian Sarkies (Melbourne Heart) turned 24 on Monday 25 October - Labinot Haliti (Newcastle Jets) turned 26 on Tuesday 26 October - Daniel Mullen (Adelaide United) turned 21 on Tuesday 26 October - Troy Hearfield (Wellington Phoenix) turns 23 on Sunday 31 October