A-League snapshot - Week 10
- Having lost their last four matches - an equal club record streak of consecutive defeats - Perth Glory will be aiming not to create a new club record for longest streak of losses (five).
- Sydney FC's Alex Brosque scored his 49th national league goal against Adelaide United in his club's week 9 match and will therefore be aiming to score his 50th national league goal against the Victory. Up until now Brosque's has scored for national league clubs Marconi (13 goals), Westerlo in Belgium (2), Brisbane Roar (8) and Sydney FC (26). Brosque - who made his first appearance for the Qantas Socceroos for four years last weekend - scored Sydney FC's first goal this season, in the club's week 1 confrontation with Melbourne Victory (D3-3).
- Brisbane Roar will be aiming to equal their longest undefeated streak at home - six - when they take on Newcastle Jets this weekend. The Roar's previous run of six undefeated home matches was in November 2008-February 2009. Brisbane's last loss at home was to the Jets, a 0-2 defeat on 16 January 2010.
Wellington Phoenix (5) v Melbourne Heart (8) Sunday, 17 October 2010, Westpac Stadium 5:00pm local (3:00pm AEDT)
- Wellington Phoenix are aiming for their 24th consecutive undefeated match at Westpac Stadium, which would create a new Australian national league record for not losing in consecutive matches at the same venue. The previous time a team went for 23 undefeated matches at a venue was when Sydney United went 23 consecutive matches without defeat at Sydney United Sports Centre from 1996 to 1999. The last time Wellington lost at Westpac Stadium was against Brisbane Roar (L0-1) on 26-Oct-08. Throughout this time Wellington have also played home matches at FMG Stadium Manawatu (12-Dec-09, L0-1 v Sydney) and AMI Stadium Christchurch (30-Jan-10, W1-0 v Adelaide United).
- Adelaide United have been undefeated in their past 11 games, and will equal the Hyundai A-League's longest run of undefeated matches (12) should they not lose to Gold Coast United this weekend. The league's longest undefeated record streak of 12 matches was set by Central Coast Mariners in season one (November 2005 to February 2006). Adelaide United's last loss was in its third-last match of last season (30-Jan-10), a 0-1 defeat to Wellington Phoenix.
BIRTHDAY BOYS - Dyron Daal (North Queensland Fury) turned 27, on Monday 11 October - Alex Brosque (Sydney FC) turns 27, yesterday, 12 October - Scott Jamieson (Sydney FC) turns 22 on Wednesday, 13 October - Joe Keenan (Adelaide United) turns 28 on Thursday, 14 October - Matt Smith (Brisbane Roar) turns 28 on Friday, 15 October - Nick Kalmar (Melbourne Heart) turns 23 on Friday, 15 October