WEEK 6 FAST FACTS
Brisbane Roar's Michael Theoklitos established a new all-time Australian national league record for longest time for a goalkeeper without conceding a goal on the weekend. When Melbourne Victory's Tom Pondeljak scored against Theoklitos on Sunday, it ended a run of 876 minutes (14 hours 36 minutes) without Theoklitos conceding a goal in the Hyundai A-League. The previous Australian record was 790 minutes, set by Heidelberg's Jeff Olver in 1984; with another former Socceroo Yakka Banovic holding the third longest record when he went for 693 minutes without conceding while playing for Melbourne Croatia in 1986.
After week 6 of the Hyundai A-League 2010/11 season, an unprecedented scenario has occurred where the reigning Champions, Sydney FC, is last on the 2010/11 ladder; while the team that finished last on the 2009/10 ladder, Adelaide United, is currently lying outright first. Never before in Australian national league history, including the old NSL which commenced in 1977, has this happened - in other words, never before has both the reigning Champions been last on the ladder at the same time as the previous season's last-placed team being outright first on the ladder.
WEEK 6 (mid-week match) & 7 SNAPSHOT
- Melbourne Victory defender ADRIAN LEIJER is set to make his 100th national league appearance, which includes stints at NSL club Melbourne Knights and English Championship club Norwich City .Wellington Phoenix midfielder NICK WARD is set to make his 100th national league appearance, which includes stints at Perth Glory, Brighton & and Hove Albion, Queens Park Rangers and Melbourne Victory.
- Perth Glory midfielder JACOB BURNS is set to make his 250th national league appearance, which includes stints at Sydney United and Parramatta Power (Australia), Leeds United and Barnsley (England), and Wisla Krakow and Unirea Urziceni (Romania).
- North Queensland defender GARETH EDDS is set to make his 250th national league appearance, which includes stints at English clubs Nottingham Forest, Swindon Town, Bradford City, Milton Keynes and Tranmere Rovers.
- Adelaide United defender IAIN FYFE is set to make his 200th Australian national league appearances, which includes stints at NSL clubs Adelaide City and Sydney Olympic, and Hyundai A-League side Sydney FC.
Melbourne Heart v Wellington Phoenix
- Melbourne Heart goalkeeper CLINT BOLTON is aiming to record his 50th Hyundai A-League victory, which would make him the first goalkeeper to achieve 50 wins in the league.
- Chris Payne (North Queensland Fury) turns 20 on Wednesday 15 September - Zhang Shuo (Newcastle Jets) turns 27 on Friday 17 September - Brendan Hamill (Melbourne Heart) turns 18 on Saturday 18 September