This week is the Movember round of the Hyundai A-League which highlights men’s health issues, specifically prostate cancer and depression in men.
So when you see any Hyundai A-League players sporting a stylish “tash” it’s part of this important campaign and you can make a donation via www.movember.com.au
Central Coast Mariners kick-off the round when they host Perth Glory at Bluetongue Stadium. With both teams coming off confidence boosting wins last weekend, this match is poised to be a very entertaining affair with plenty at stake.
The battle for the top position in the Hyundai A-League table continues on Saturday night in Melbourne when Melbourne Victory looks to defend their lofty position against the visiting Gold Coast United. Melbourne Victory took the points away in round 8 and Gold Coast United will be looking to set the ledger straight and take the top spot against their southern rivals at Etihad Stadium.
Adelaide United travel up to Townsville to complete Saturday’s matches and on Sunday, Sydney FC line-up against the Newcastle Jets at the Sydney Football Stadium and Wellington Phoenix will look to continue their rise up the ladder when they meet Brisbane Roar at Suncorp Stadium.
With plenty of tasty clashes and 'tashes' around this weekend, there is no better time to get along to this round of the Hyundai A-League.
Stats, facts & milestones
- Central Coast Mariners captain ALEX WILKINSON is set to make his 100th HAL appearance. Wilkinson made his Hyundai A-League debut in the Mariners' first Hyundai A-League match, a 1-0 win over Perth Glory in August 2005.
- This match marks Perth Glory's 100th Hyundai A-League match, with the Glory coming up against their first Hyundai A-League opponent (Perth lost 0-1 to Central Coast in Round 1 of the 2005/06 season).
- This will be the 50th Hyundai A-League match to be played at Bluetongue Stadium.
- Gates open at 5.00pm for the Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets Westfield W-League match.
- Despite leading the ladder after Round 15, Melbourne Victory are yet to earn a clean sheet at home this season – that’s eight home games. This is by far the Victory’s longest run of home matches without earning a clean sheet.
- Adelaide United defender Iain Fyfe is set to make his 200th national league appearance. Before returning to his home city of Adelaide this season, Fyfe had played at Adelaide City (56 league appearances), Sydney Olympic (23), Hamilton Academical in Scotland (18) and Sydney FC (88).
- Having recently overtaken Reinaldo’s club record (17) for most Hyundai A-League goals for the Brisbane Roar, Sergio Van Dijk – now on 19 goals - is aiming to become the first player to score 20 Hyundai A-League goals for the Brisbane Roar.
- Milson (Gold Coast United) turns 32 on Tuesday 24 November
- Reece Crowther (Wellington Phoenix) turns 21 on Saturday 28 November
- Alemao (Adelaide United) turns 27 on Sunday 29 November