Welcome to Round 11 of the Hyundai A-League 2009/10 season.
Brisbane Roar will try and retain a place in the top half of the table as they face the Mariners at Suncorp Stadium in a battle between 5 v 6.
And Gold Coast United host Perth Glory in one of the most interesting matches of Round 11. On the same points and only separated by goal difference sitting in 2 and 3 on the ladder there’s a lot at stake when these two clubs meet for the second time.
Stats, facts & milestones
- Fresh from their resounding away win over 2008/09 Champions Melbourne Victory, Sydney are aiming to win their second consecutive match on the road for the first time since December-January 2007-08, against 2008/09 runners-up Adelaide United
- Gates open at 4.30pm for the Adelaide United v Sydney FC National Youth League match
- Central Coast striker Dylan Macallister is set to make his 100th appearance at Australian national league level. McAllister previously played with Sydney Olympic and Northern Spirit; he as so far made 29 Hyundai A-League appearances with the Mariners
- A draw for the Phoenix will be the club's sixth draw in succession - which would be a new record of consecutive draws in the Hyundai A-League. In fact, the all-time Australian national league record for consecutive draws is six, set by Brisbane Lions (May-July 1980) and St George (January-February 1991) in the old NSL
- North Queensland Fury midfielder Jason Spagnuolo is set to make his 50th Hyundai A-League appearance
- Melbourne Victory are aiming to equal a Hyundai A-League record of scoring in most consecutive away matches, 12
- Co-incidentally, the last time the Victory were held scoreless away from home was against Newcastle Jets at EnergyAustralia Stadium, on 18-October 2008 – exactly one year previous to this coming match
- Meanwhile, Melbourne’s Adrian Leijer is set to make his 50th Hyundai A-League appearance
- It’s not the quantity of birthday’s this week but the quality as Sydney FC star Alex Brosque turns 26 today, Monday, 12 October
- And Scott Jamieson of Adelaide United turns 21 tomorrow, Tuesday, 13 October